5 Restaurant Apps that Can Grow Your Business
Posted: Sep. 03, 2015
Millennials command a large portion of the United States purchasing power, so staying relevant to this demographic has never been more important. A great way to appeal to this tech savvy generation is by incorporating apps into your business. We’ve put together a list of the 5 most useful apps that restaurateurs can use to better manage their restaurant and attract technophiles.
1. Stay Plugged into Your Operations with POS Apps. Point of Sale (POS) apps are rapidly expanding in popularity. By ditching their clunky, old hardware, any restaurant owner can enhance the aesthetic of their location by using an Android tablet or iPad to place orders and accept payments. Another great benefit to using a POS app is the remote management capability. POS apps allow you to view your reports from a cloud-based control panel that is accessible from anywhere you have access to the internet. Not only are Point of Sale apps easy to use, but they will attract a younger crowd that expects hip, new technology.
2. Attract Customers with Restaurant Mobile Apps. Apps like Yelp, Zagat and TripAdvisor help hungry consumers find their next meal. Many young restaurant goers use these apps when they travel, or to find the best spots where they live. Drive customers to your location by ensuring that your location is highly ranked on mobile restaurant apps. Advertise these apps at your location and encourage your customers to post reviews and photos.
3. Make it Easy to Purchase with Online Ordering Apps. A study by Technomic found that up to 46% of Millennials rate online and mobile ordering as the most important technological amenity that a restaurant can provide, and 69% of consumers say that they currently order food online. Online ordering apps are a convenient way for your customers to place a pickup or delivery order from their phone or tablet. Online ordering apps can be setup either through a Point of Sale system or as a stand-alone system.
4. Keep them Coming with Loyalty Apps A study by Scratcher, a loyalty app provider, showed a 10-25% increase on sales when menu items were promoted through the Scratcher App. Loyalty applications allow your customers to either accrue rewards points, or receive a percentage off each time they make a purchase at your location. These apps provide a great incentive for your customers to regularly choose your restaurant, while appealing to the younger generation that loves to download and use apps.
5. Stay In-the-Loop with Mobile Reporting Apps. Offered by some POS systems, these apps allow restaurant owners to simply log into an optimized mobile application to monitor sales at their location. Mobile reporting apps are ideal for restaurant owners with multiple locations. These apps can give an overview of what’s going on at each location while on-the-go.
Posted: Sep. 03, 2015 | Written By: Hannah Dietz